Note: For church community updates, go to maswell.org.uk/online
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for useful links and documents.
Following government advice we are PAUSING ALL CURRENT CHURCH BUILDING-BASED ACTIVITIES - including meeting on Sunday mornings for the foreseeable future. However, we will be experimenting with different ways of connecting with one another over the coming weeks and are producing materials to enable us to worship, so please do check back here and the blog for these and the latest updates.
During this time communication with one another is going to be key, and we will endeavour to communicate any changes or further advice via email, the church website and where necessary, telephone. However, as a church community, we are already a great network of support for one another and therefore I hope that we will be able to go that extra mile maintaining contact and support with help, food and other supplies where and when necessary. Please do contact us (you can use this link) if you are self-isolating, or if you know of anyone else that is or anyone that needs particular support and we will endeavour to help in whatever way we can.
Finally, I think that it is important to acknowledge that these are challenging times and with the uncertainty it is quite natural to feel anxious and worried. However in these times we must remember that we worship a God who is love, and in Jesus, “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure” (Hebrews 6:19). Please can we remember to pray; for ourselves, for our friends and family, for our community and for those who have to make decisions in order to manage the virus, and if you would like to talk about anything in particular then please do contact me directly.
I pray that we may all know the love of the Father, the grace of the Lord Jesus and peace of the Spirit.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
You may wish to use this prayer in your regular quiet times:
- I pray for all those who are working on the front-line; for their skill, continued health and protection, specifically _________________
- I pray for all those who are feeling anxious or isolated in these times,
- I pray for all who are suffering with or who have lost loved ones through this virus, specifically _________________
- I pray for those for whom life has been disrupted by loss of work and purpose, specifically _________________
- I pray for the elderly, the vulnerable and those for whom being cooped up at home brings extra pressures, specifically _________________
- I pray for our leaders – political, educational, medical, church and community leaders, for wisdom as decisions are made,
I pray for your Holy Spirit to bring peace and protection over all.